For those willing to invest in their zoology careers, they need to comprehend what it is about and other fields related to it. It is a very broad field that includes evolution, ecology, animal behavior, wildlife management, animal genetics and others.
After completing your degree course, you can get employed by the private institutions or government agencies depending on your geographical location. In short, the course best suites students who are interested in animals and their habitats and can also be referred as animal scientists. Some of the degree programs you could take up on include Ecology, cell biology, marine biology, animal behavior, physiology among others.Normally, the bachelor’s degree program takes between 120-128 credit hours depending on your state. The degree has a lot of competition and in order for one to succeed you can decide on proceeding by taking a masters or doctoral degree on the preferred zoology careers. It is a good decision to make be cause you become marketable than other. You salary scale will also be higher placing you at a benefit.
What is your Zoology Careers Options?
Zoology careers will make you work in different environment. You will be required to do your research outside or even inside when working in the laboratories. Listed below are some of the careers that are available in zoology.
1) Researchers who are accountable of doing research and getting the correct information and then deliver it to students, organizations or university departments. Before giving the information, he needs to ensure that it is correct and can do this by analyzing using microscopes and computers.Experiments will be conducted and if there is a new finding, it will be recorded.
2) Zoo keepers are mostly employed in zoos where they are able to manage, control, feed and give the necessary care to the animals. Cleaning the animal’s enclosures is also part of their job. He will make certain the animals are healthy and even groom them from time to time.
3) Wildlife educators educate visitors about animals in museums or public parks. He will ensure the visitors understand what he is saying by collecting materials that will help them understand better. They are responsible of adding information on their websites and writing information concerning the animals. It can be printed on bronchures, booklets or magazines.
4) Zoo curators are also under the zoology careers .They obtain animals from forests, other zoos or stray animal’s .They take care of the animals and sometimes use them as an attraction to visitors.
5) Wildlife rehabilitators take care of sick animals, orphaned animals or those that have been displaced by natural disasters such as for or oil spills. After holding them for a while, they are released back to their natural habitat.Normally; they are licensed by the state to do that.
6) Some zoology careers such as animal’s behaviorist trainer should not be terrified of animals. They are able to intermingle well with animals and take care of them. If you want to take up on this, it is advisable to train in ethology.You will be able to directly deal with animals.
It is a rewarding career and after the course completion, you will realize that the average salary is between 50,000$-101,000$ depending on the education, area of specification, experience and organization.